[MEncoder-users] Copy subtitles?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Mon Oct 12 14:17:31 CEST 2009

2009/10/12 belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl>:

>> I have an MPEG2 TS input, recorded off DVB-S,
>
> From what station are they recorded ?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_teletext_services#Russia

I'm not in Russia (although from Russia all right). I am in Ireland,
and the stream is from the ITV3 channel, recorded off Astra 28.2E via
a DVB-S card and Kaffeine's DVB Timer Recording.

Kaffeine simply dumps the transport stream. MPlayer plays it all
right, and even seeks (VLC does not seek); but the timing displayed is
random, and edl editing in MEncoder does not work unless I do
"mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy" into an mpg file first.

Also MPlayer does not display the subtitles. VLC and Xine do.

And this is a subtitle track for a movie, not teletext. ("Agatha
Christie's Poirot" if this matters).

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik