[MEncoder-users] filmdint cropping luma incorrectly?

Jason Simpson xiojason at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 03:33:35 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:21 PM, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:53:02 -0800
> Jason Simpson <xiojason at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure, *before* filmdint fixes the chroma bleed issue, but...
>
> Would have been good info to put in your previous e-mail...

In my first message with the links to the samples: "If I use a crop
filter prior to filmdint, the chroma artifacts go away, but the MPEG-2
field-order flags are destroyed and filmdint doesn't generate smooth
video."

> Hmm, I thought crop was designed to pass-through the flags.  How about
> softpulldown?
>
> I would recomend using pullup (rather than filmdint) in the first place.

pullup doesn't look at the field flags and so doesn't work well with
mixed frame rate input.

It's looking like 'softskip' *before* filmdint may be working for me.
I'm re-encoding some longer videos now to see.

   -jrs