[MEncoder-users] Mac OSX binaries

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Sat May 30 18:29:33 CEST 2009

I know I have asked about this in the past. I've attempted a few times
to get mencoder and mplayer to build properly on my Mac, but the goal
seems elusive, despite being reassured that the process is easy. There's
always a library or dependency that's missing and the resulting binary
is never complete with all needed features.

Has anyone got a working binary for mencoder and mplayer for the mac
that was built from up-to-date sources? The links from the Mplayer page
point to a Mplayer only build (
http://www.haque.net/software/mplayer/mplayerosx/builds/ ) or binaries
that are over 5 years old (
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=62947 ).

Has someone got a working set of binaries that they'd care to share with
me? Thanks.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4116 (20090529) __________

http://www.eset.com