[MEncoder-users] Dualcore and Quadcore performance?

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Sun Mar 22 20:25:22 CET 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Brockamp <tobiasbrockamp at gmx.de>

?

?

>maybe this would help you if you use x264 with mencoder:?

That's a Windows benchmark and he wants to run Linux, so I don't know that he wants to install Windows just to run 1 benchmark......

Also, the results don't match my experience with x264.? I've found that XviD is about twice as fast on the first pass than the second, but that my x264 passes are within about 20%.? Those results are showing about 400% difference in speed.

FInally, they weren't using mencoder, so I'm not sure how well that relates.? Here's a good page with an x264comparison:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2009/01/08/amd-phenom-ii-x4-940-and-920-review/9

you have to scroll down to get to the x264 graph.