[MEncoder-users] Making PS3-compatible videos with MEncoder

Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net
Thu Mar 19 10:52:41 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 03:08:28AM -0500, Andrew Berg wrote:
> Grozdan wrote:
> > you don't have to dig through the script. Just configure a, say, video file
> > and save the settings to the batch file when asked. Open the batch file and
> > you'll have all your PS3 settings
> I'm using Windows right now and I can't get it working with MinGW.
>
> If someone can give me a basic set of options for MEncoder that will
> produce a PS3-compatible video, that would really help. I can then see
> what's wrong with my current set (it could even be something other than
> x264 options causing the problem).

I missed previous posts in this thread so forgive me if it's already been
posted.

Here is what i dig from h264enc script:

        ps3)
        # PS3
        frameref=":frameref=3"
        mixed_refs=":mixed_refs"
        bframes=":bframes=3"
        b_adapt=":b_adapt=1"
        b_pyramid=":nob_pyramid"
        weight_b=":weight_b"
        subq=":subq=6"
        psy_rd=":psy_rd=0.5,0.3"
        me=":me=hex"
        me_range=
        direct_pred=":direct_pred=spatial"
        partitions=":partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4"
        deblock=":deblock"
        chroma_me=":chroma_me"
        trellis=":trellis=1"
        cabac=":cabac"
        a8x8dct=":no8x8dct"
        fast_pskip=":nofast_pskip"
        dct_decimate=":nodct_decimate"
        #global_header=":global_header"
        level_idc=":level_idc=41"
        aud=":aud"
        ;;
        ps3hq)
        # PS3 High-Quality
        frameref=":frameref=3"
        mixed_refs=":mixed_refs"
        bframes=":bframes=3"
        b_adapt=":b_adapt=1"
        b_pyramid=":nob_pyramid"
        weight_b=":weight_b"
        subq=":subq=7"
        psy_rd=":psy_rd=0.5,0.3"
        me_range=":me_range=24"
        me=":me=umh"
        direct_pred=":direct_pred=auto"
        partitions=":partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i8x8,i4x4"
        deblock=":deblock"
        chroma_me=":chroma_me"
        trellis=":trellis=1"
        cabac=":cabac"
        a8x8dct=":8x8dct"
        fast_pskip=":nofast_pskip"
        dct_decimate=":nodct_decimate"
        #global_header=":global_header"
        level_idc=":level_idc=41"
        aud=":aud"
        ;;

Note however that this might be updated as it's taken from
 h264enc, v 8.5.8, 2008/11/10

h264enc can be downloaded from h264enc.sf.net (or you can search for optimal
settings using google)

--
 NameLess, the Jedi     | Just a friendly Jedi Knight
 Robert Ramięga         | http://nlj.plukwa.net/