[MEncoder-users] Demuxing and 6 channel ac3 audio

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 03:16:22 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:15:12 -0500
L Lee <llee040 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I know that all DVD players must be able to play 24 fps video objects,
> that's the frame rate for the sources of practically all commercial
> DVD film titles

Nope.  ~30 or 25fps is all you have to choose from.  In the 25fps
(PAL/SECAM) world, all movies are sped-up 4%.

For 30fs (US, Canada, Korea), it's slowed down to 23.976fps, then the
repeat_field flags on set on frames of the videos (telecine/3:2
pulldown).

MEncoder can do hard telecine (reencode the video interlaced), or the
-of mpeg muxer can add the telecine flags to the mpeg stream.  Very,
very few programs do this.  If you find a Linux program which just adds
telecine flags, I'd be interested to hear about it.

> Doesn't mplex correctly set the flag automatically?

No.

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!