[MEncoder-users] Demuxing and 6 channel ac3 audio

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 16 20:15:12 CET 2009

On 3/12/09 9:53 PM, "RC" <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Also, do I risk problems making a DVD by ignoring dvdauthor's warning
>> that the 24 fps frame rate of the input file is incorrect?
>
> That depends.  Is video playback that is 25% faster than normal (on many
> DVD players) what you would consider a "problem"?

Well, thanks, but I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm not sure how to
correctly set the 24 fps flag when making source files to be used for
authoring DVDs. I know that all DVD players must be able to play 24 fps
video objects, that's the frame rate for the sources of practically all
commercial DVD film titles (although I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with
the terminology to say that correctly). Recently I've been using mplex from
mjpegtools to multiplex 24 fps mpeg-2 video with ac3 audio, and the results
seem pretty good for whatever software and set top DVD players I've been
able to try. Doesn't mplex correctly set the flag automatically? I should
probably try to subscribe to a separate mailing list for each of the
software tools I'm using.

Laine Lee