[MEncoder-users] Sending raw video into x264

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:20:58 CET 2009

I've been using MediaCoder for a while, but I decided I want a bit more
control, so I thought I'd try doing what MC does manually. I'm really
doing this mostly because I want to deinterlace video before sending it
to x264, which I can't do with MC. I'm having a big problem, though. I
can't seem to send raw video from by mencoder into x264 for encoding and
get a good output like MC does (the video I get is distorted and plays
at half the speed it should). What are the basic options I should set to
achieve this (sending the decoded video to stdout)? My input files are
interlaced MPEG-2, if that matters.