[MEncoder-users] how to convert mkv to avi?

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 25 14:37:56 CEST 2009

belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> writes:

> You say 'intermediate'
> AFAIK it's not officially supported by 'most players'

BS. It plays fine with mplayer and ffplay on my Linux machine. It will
work with xine too. I just did a test clip and transferred it to my
friend's Windows machine. It will play in VLC and WMP. I bet more
players support this than the mkv container.

Charles

--
"The world is beating a path to our door"

  -- Bruce Perens, (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)