[MEncoder-users] Which .ifo file?

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 10:20:59 CEST 2009

As I understand it, depending on how one rips a DVD, it may be
necessary to pull along a .ifo to get useful palette information.

However, there are typically more than 1 .IFO file in the VIDEO_TS
directory, so, which one?

It's not like they match up exactly with the number of titles that
have subtitles.  Take this one for instance:

VIDEO_TS.IFO  VTS_01_0.IFO  VTS_02_0.IFO  VTS_03_0.IFO  VTS_04_0.IFO

Yet, I know that title #6 has subtitles.

The examples I've seen all show using VTS_01_0.IFO, but then they also
all use dvd://1.  So, are we using VTS_01_0.IFO because of dvd://1 and
if we used dvd://2 we should be using VTS_02_0.IFO or what?

mrc