[MEncoder-users] Mac OSX binaries

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 2 13:52:21 CEST 2009

Laurent ETTOUATI wrote:
> Le 01/06/09 14:10, « Francis Rammeloo » <francis.rammeloo at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>

>> 2009/5/30 James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca>:
>>
>>> I know I have asked about this in the past. I've attempted a few times to
>>> get mencoder and mplayer to build properly on my Mac, but the goal seems
>>> elusive, despite being reassured that the process is easy. There's always a
>>> library or dependency that's missing and the resulting binary is never
>>> complete with all needed features.
>>>

>> I agree, I am experiencing the same problems on Mac:
>> - I spent a few days trying to make a static build, but have not yet
>> succeeded. (Shared build works though, if you have the patience to
>> install depending libraries.)
>> - I'd be happy to use a prebuilt binary as well, but I too can't find
>> any recent onces.
>>

> There is a wiki at this address : http://mplayerosx.sttz.ch/trac/ explaining
> how to compile Mplayer with static libraries.

The tutorial on that wiki specifically does not build mencoder:

./configure --extra-libs="-ldvdcss" --disable-x11 --disable-gl --disable-mencoder --disable-dvdread-internal --enable-apple-remote --prefix=$MPPREFIX

Nor does it explain where to get get all of the needed sources and dependencies.

Back to the original question - does anyone have an up to date build of mencoder and mplayer for mac os x?