[MEncoder-users] picking up x264 library

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Mon Jul 27 01:37:12 CEST 2009

Grozdan wrote:
> I'm not really sure. I never use the distro x264 and always use x264
> version which I self-compile from git. Never had problems with mplayer

Ok, maybe I was not clear.  I am attempting the same thing.  I compile in
/home/sustik/src/x264 after getting the sources there via git.

> picking it up during configure. You may need to either read the x264
> detection part of mplayer's configure script to figure out how and

So it would look in some random directory in my home?  Probably make install
of x264 puts the library on your system exactly where mplayer looks for it...
Since it does not on my debian system, hence the need for the links.

Just to be sure, could you do a:
> string any.avi | grep "x264"

and verify that it is the same version as reported by your x264 --version?

Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.