[MEncoder-users] encoding video for the ipod 5g

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Jul 19 12:02:14 CEST 2009

* Grozdan on Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 01:33:37 +0200
> I've no idea why it refuses to play it. Your commands look alright to
> me. I've a bunch of scripts with iPod presets, which you may try out
> and see if it'll work for the g5. I don't have an iPod myself hence
> can't really test here
>
> http://h264enc.sourceforge.net/index.html

frameref=3 /might/ be a problem (ipchq). I /believe/ frameref=1
is 100% safe and according to Apple's "low complexity version" of
the baseline profile.

It would be nice to have some reliable information on that. I let
some friends test stuff I converted and it seemed to work up to
frameref=5, but this might depend on the movies and, more
importantly, on the iPod models they used.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
_F R E E_  _V I D E O S_  http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
                          http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/index-en.html