[MEncoder-users] Re : Re : duration lost after flv transcoding

oisurge38-web at yahoo.fr oisurge38-web at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 2 11:18:39 CEST 2009

fixed with this version (2007) :
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0rc2.zip

________________________________
De : "oisurge38-web at yahoo.fr" <oisurge38-web at yahoo.fr>
À : MEncoder usage discussions <mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 2 Juillet 2009, 10h12mn 23s
Objet : [MEncoder-users] Re :  duration lost after flv transcoding

thanks
I downloaded the last compiled version for Windows I founded there : http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/mplayer/
I got now the video duration, but now I got a color bug, I guess pointed here : http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2008-January/007922.html
'cause my original avi video is in RGB.
Is there a more recent compiled version that fixes this bug ? Or is it due to another reason ?

________________________________
De : James Hastings-Trew <jimht at shaw.ca>
À : MEncoder usage discussions <mencoder-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 1 Juillet 2009, 21h23mn 26s
Objet : Re: [MEncoder-users] duration lost after flv transcoding

oisurge38-web at yahoo.fr wrote:
> Hi,
> I got an issue while trying to transcode an avi file to flv.
> I use this command :
> mencoder -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv -lavfopts
> i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -o output.flv
> input.avi
>
> The resulting flv file doesn't have duration information (I got it with ffmpeg).
> I thought that setting the ofps (matching the input fps) could help, but it did not.
>
> How could I resolve that ?
>
> Thanks

You must be using a really old build of mencoder because it hasn't had
that crazy command line option (i_certify...) for a couple of years now.
Check this and see if it helps:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2005-September/001857.html
(first hit on 'mencoder to flv') in Google.