[MEncoder-users] filter order

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sat Jan 10 22:20:49 CET 2009

Hi All,

The HTML doc says: "deinterlacing should be done after cropping [1] and
before scaling."  (The footnote does not seem to alter this either.)

However, I have seen quite a few encoding scripts where cropping was done
before deinterlacing.  I was doing it according to the doc until now and I
just wanted to make sure that it was the right thing to do.

Also the man page description of the framestep filter does not indicate why
one would use that filter.  I am curious what encoding job it is suitable
for?  (I did not see a use for it in my encodes, am I missing out on something?)

Thanks,
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.