[MEncoder-users] V210 Codec

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 18 22:28:07 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:01:23PM -0800, Larry Reznick wrote:
> My point is that one must read these atoms to know how
> to interpret the MDAT atom. Consequently, the 1753, the 2997, and the
> 219125 for this clip are knowable quickly and they reduce to 2997:125 in
> 32 bits as I showed previously.

Ok, so I decided to calculate it properly.
2997:125 converted to single precision float according to my
calculations gives 23.975999951.
And the fraction you got indeed is closer to that than 2997/125.
Which explains that part quite nicely.
No idea why the -fps option makes no difference.
Anyway, I think this is fixed since a few hours so this is not really
important anyway.