[MEncoder-users] lavs encoding and divx compatibility
stjepan.brbot at zg.t-com.hr
Sun Feb 1 23:28:22 CET 2009
according to the specification my standalone DVD + DivX player Samsung
DVD-V6500 does support:
* Supported CODEC formats: DivX3, DivX4, DivX5 (GMC 1WP)
* Supported file formats: *.avi, *.mpeg
* Supported audio formats: AC3, MP3, WMA
* Supported caption formats: * .SMI, * .SRT, * .SUB
But it does not reproduce DivX created with mencoder when video codec is
lavc (mencoder -ovc lavc). With xvid encoding everything is fine.
According to mencoder documentation lavc encoding actually produce DivX
* What is the problem with compatibility of this lavc?
* What this "GMC 1WP" in specification for DivX5 stands for?
* Why xvid encoding is many times slower than lavc encoding?
* What is lavc comparing to ffmpeg?
More information about the MEncoder-users