[MEncoder-users] test

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Mon Dec 28 19:09:37 CET 2009

Hey,

i hope i'm on the right maillinglist here. I'm wondering whether the
mplayer/mencoder ac3 channel mapping at 5.1 is wrong or correct. This is
quite difficult, because nearly every page i found related to this is
saying something else. Some say it's LF, LR, C, LFE, LS, LR, others say
it's LF, C, RF, LS, LR, LFE (which seems to be the correct variant, as
my tests on different hw and sw players have shown and the dolby page at
wikipedia explains) and Mplayer/Mencoder seems to use a totally
different variant, it seems Center is on the 5th Channel.

I'd be really glad if someone could write down the correct
channel-mapping for ac3 and stop the overall confusion related to this..

Cheers
Jean