[MEncoder-users] too many audio packets?

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sun Dec 6 19:36:46 CET 2009

I was under the impression that I should not get the too many
audio packets message ever when using mencoder.  I execute:

mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -channels 6 -aid 52 <input>.mpg -o <output>.mpg

About 26% complete (1.4G) I get:

Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 24051712 bytes).

I will read up on the -ni option as suggested by the message, however I
would appreciate if someone could shed light on how this error can occur
when I am not playing the source real time.  I have used the above command on
hundreds of sources, this is the first time I got this error.

(For those who wonder why I copy the mpg: the source has invalid tags
regarding length, which renders -ss -endpos unusable.)

Thanks!
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.