[MEncoder-users] Is this possible to join MP4 files using mencoder

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:18:47 CEST 2008

Laine Lee wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
>
>> I am trying to join two MP4 files (this is same as apple MOV I guess)
>

> You mention Apple MOV - if you have a Mac with a reasonably recent version
> of QuickTime Pro, you may be able to copy and paste selections into a new
> empty window, then export to mp4 using the passthrough option for both audio
> and video.
>
> Laine Lee

Don't yet have one.

I experimented with mp4dump and MP4Box.

I know why it is so hard to join those files.

First of all video framerate differs a bit, but mp4 supports variable frame rate, and matroska supports this as well.
The real, and much bigger problem is that I discovered that those files have longer audio track that video track,
longer by half a second, and this is major reason for A/V desync I had when I joined finally those files using
ether avidemux of MP4Box.
(Avidemux mp4 format doesn't play in totem though)

So what I need now is a tool to be able to cut exactly few audio frames from the end of raw aac file.
dumped by MP4Box.

Is such thing available ?

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky