[MEncoder-users] Ripping dvd to mp4

Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux) microchip at telenet.be
Mon Mar 24 19:30:30 CET 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 19:27, Erik Slagter wrote:
> Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux) wrote:
> > On Monday 24 March 2008 13:34, Erik Slagter wrote:
> >> The nasty thing is that I also want exactly 1 subtitle track included.
> >> Without subtitling it is actually very simple to rip a dvd...
> >
> > try http://h264enc.sourceforge.net it has support for the PS3 and MP4
> > container. Also hardcoding or dumping the subtitle to disk is supported.
> > You can even import the dumped subtitle into the mp4 container
>
> I checked it out, it looks like it's a bit too user-friendly for me.

lol, people complain all the time that encoding deals with a lot of parameters
and it's hard to do thus it's not user friendly and you come here and
complain that it is too user friendly... nice one

> Also I don't think it will actually hard-render subtitles because it
> only uses mencoder for the video and mencoder cannot hard-render
> subtitles last time I checked. That's why I use mplayer (with yuv4mpeg
> output).

mencoder can very well hardcode the subtitles into the movie. what are you
talking about??

--
Regards