[MEncoder-users] 回复: Re: converting and subtitle questions !

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto please.no.spam.here at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:59:01 CET 2008

> Hello, sorry for troubling again.
>
>  If i want to use "-ovc xvid -xvidopts $str", what the $str should be here to instead of "-ovc lavc -lavcopts vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=0:brd_scale=2:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:last_pred=3:predia=3:dia=3:cbp:preme=2:vqcomp=0.6:vbitrate=600:vpass=2:turbo" ?

First, I don't know about Xvid options. Second, my testing has showed
that lavc mpeg4 yields better quality and speed than Xvid. Why do you
want to use Xvid?

Oh, and I forgot to ask. With your latest two-pass encoding (which you
already told me that it worked), was the quality good?

Oh, and so we can help you more, you should tell us something about
your video. Is it a live action movie, or is it anime? Also, use the
command
midentify YOURMOVIE

And post the output here