[MEncoder-users] Suggestions for auto-crop-detect methods?

François Dermu francois.dermu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:02:48 CET 2008

Nice script RC,
It got me thinking about new ways to detect cropping values.
Here is my "enhanced" version of your script
It will still take spots in the video but will do so according to the video
length (and not just every 35 sec) and will take 20 spots rather than 10
(just to be sure)
I also increased the cropping threshold (I'd rather crop a little too much
than not enough)
It dumps the output in /tmp/mplayer.log instead of ./mplayer.log in case you
don't have write access in the current directory.
It uses "-vo null" rather than "-vo md5sum". (why ask your cpu extra and
unnecessary work ;) )
It would skip empty crop result if any
it will also print out the 20 spot results and playback the video with a
rectangle showing the crop values that have been detected (in debug mode)
And it can also take multiple files in parameter.

enjoy ;)
--
-= Francois Dermu =-
more info at: http://dermu.free.fr