[MEncoder-users] anamorphic quicktime .mov detected with wrong aspect ratio

Bram bram at mencoder.as.avontuur.org
Sat Mar 1 13:33:40 CET 2008

Bram wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I havea .mov file which plays with the correct aspect ratio (wide
> screen, 16:9 ? ) with apple's quicktime application. Mplayer/mencoder do
> not detect this aspect ratio; the PAR is set to 1:1 in the input file.
> As such, files converted with mencoder will have the wrong aspect ratio.
>

> The start of the file is here: http://bram.name/~brama/anamorphic.mov

inconvenient):

Thanks for the -demuxer mov tip, but it doesn't change anything sadly.
The movie is still shown with the 4:3 aspect ratio. Any more tips what
could be wrong? I'm guessing it fails to see an (undocumented, perhaps)
aspect ratio flag, as the pixel aspect ratio is given as 0:1 0:1.

Best regards,
Bram