[MEncoder-users] Mencoder to x264

emanuele fumagalli emanuele.fumagalli at babelgum.com
Tue Jun 17 11:59:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to encode my files on Windows using:

mencoder input_file.wmv -really-quiet -nosound -ovc raw -vf
scale=640:480,format=i420 -of rawvideo -o - | x264.exe -o output.h264
--bitrate 500 --thread-input --threads auto --progress - 640x480

This works perfectly for some formats but when I tried to use that for
some WMV I got a strange result. The video is encoded but it's spilt in
two halves.

So I don't think the problem is the decoding of the source. Could it be
some limitations in using pipes under Windows.

I was able to encode the same file under Linux using named pipes
(mkfifo).

Thanks for any tips on that

bye