[MEncoder-users] Audio / Video Sync issue

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de karl-heinz-1950 at web.de
Sun Jun 15 08:18:50 CEST 2008

> Anyway, as an alternative, try mplayers -dumpstream to dump a whole
> title into a single mpeg file. The output should play back with
> mplayer alright. Plus it contains all the audio streams and subtitles,
> which you can't conserve with mencoder ovc/oac copy.

Okay found the time to try the dumpstream.....

The dump itself works fine in mplayer, if I try to use it for dvd creation in dvdstyler I get an error that no valid header is found. So I ran again my ovc/oac copy command, the result is the same there is a delay - but the file plays fine in mplayer and can be used with dvdstyler.

Can I consider this to be a bug of mencoder? If no, where is the bug? If yes,  what shall I do?

Thanks!