[MEncoder-users] beginner question

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 3 02:30:59 CEST 2008

Perry Kappetein wrote:
> Guess I don't get it.
>
> When I try  mencoder.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device "c:\test dvd " -v
>
> It will complain about a no file output  -o
>
> So I added  -o  "text.txt"
> But that doesn't work either..

Try it with Mplayer ;)
mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device "c:\test dvd " -v

as long as "c:\test dvd" has a valid DVD structure in it.

or

mplayer dvd://1 -identify -frames 0 -dvd-device "c:\test dvd" should get
you a bunch of information too.

Speaking in general, -aid 128 will *usually* be the primary audio track
on a DVD title.