[MEncoder-users] Use mencoder to edit Flash video

Gawen ARAB gawen at gawgle.net
Mon Jul 21 22:14:30 CEST 2008

Hi and thanks for your answer,

I read CBR is better for streaming, but I own I did not check that. The
reason given was it was better because we know perfectly how many bandwidth
we need for each video. But you're right, in fact we only need to set a
maximum video bitrate ...

What is the mencoder's attribute to set this parameter for x264 ?

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Reimar Döffinger <
Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 04:36:52PM +0200, Gawen ARAB wrote:
> > However those options does not make my video bitrate constant. You know
> than
> > CBR is better for streaming, and I want to stream those future encoded
> > video.
>
> Are you sure about that? Why do you think so? Unless you have a device
> that has some _minimum_ read speed (a network connection is certainly
> not something like that!) there is no point in CBR, you only need a very
> hard upper limit on the bit rate...

Gawen ARAB,
Tel : 06.24.14.24.91
Web : http://gawgle.net/