[MEncoder-users] images to avi length help .

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Fri Jul 11 04:46:14 CEST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, vtff19 vtff19 wrote:

> Good evening
>
> MEncoder 1.0rc1-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2180  @ 2.00GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15,
> Stepping: 13)
>
> What do you mean  by MRL ?

The "mf://" bit.  Also, you should surround it with single quotes to
preclude any possibility of shell wildcard expansion.

> i currently do  mencoder "mf://*.jpeg" -mf fps=10 -o test.avi -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2:vbitrate=800
> that generates a video but it's to short. pictures displays with light speed
> :) 11 frames dispayed in 1 second

That sounds about right for 10fps. :-)

Try as I might, I can't duplicate your original problem using rc1.

I assume that all the images are the same resolution.  When I try it with
differently dimensioned images, I get nastiness, but not the nastiness you
described (resizing wierdness topped off by a segfault).

However, one thing that stands out is:

> Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

I could never get that to work properly with rc1 or rc2 (and haven't tried
with current SVN), though it usually resulted in SIGILL or SIGSEGV crashes
on those machines with older CPUs than the one I built on.  If this is
some precompiled binary, I'd ditch it for one I built myself on the target
machine.