[MEncoder-users] How do I get mencoder bmovl fifo to embed logos using Windows?

tripp eliared at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 20:28:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, David Smith <dcsmith2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to embed a watermark logo in videos converted by mencoder.  I see the
> *bmovl *command and having to use a fifo, and have Googled for examples and
> more info on how to do this on Windows (including this email list), but none
> seem to exist.  It is even possible? If so, can someone please show me
> how on Windows exactly?  I know you can do this with text by displaying a
> permanent subtitle.  Anyway, I am trying to stay on the mencoder platform,
> but if it's not possible, please point me in the right direction.

i've not seen anybody do it.

it would require some programming skills (if possible)
as windows pipes don;t have a cli interface.
in anycase i hear bmovl is not so good.

the right direction is to use avisynth scripting.
you should be able to dig up examples
quick search
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic154665.html
and get the hang of it quickly.