[MEncoder-users] Mencoder on Opteron

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 20:07:50 CEST 2008

Adam Hammer wrote:

> The exact mencoder command I am using is:
>
> /usr/bin/mencoder /pathToFile/BmVpBOTC2EQh3sMc2ADX.MPG -o
> /pathToFile/BmVpBOTC2EQh3sMc2ADX.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> abr:br=40 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=flv:vbitrate=400:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3 -lavfopts
> i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -vf scale=512:384
> -srate 22050
>
> I can give you the output of that command if you want.

It is usually necessary, yes.

Also, please quote what you are replying to, even if it is your own
post. The only time when it is acceptable to not quote at all is when
starting a new thread.

Also, please reply when responding, rather than creating a new message
and entering your reply there. Doing otherwise breaks threading.

> Mencoder was installed using "aptitude install mencoder".

This will almost certainly have gotten you a third-party packaged
version, which is less likely to get support here than is a copy you
compiled yourself.

> Here is the
> version:
> MEncoder 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu13.2+medibuntu1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

This is almost ridiculously old. Nothing more than about six months old
can expect to be supported here except in unusual cases; this is at
minimum more than three times that.

It is fairly easy to answer questions about MPlayer even for older
versions, but for MEncoder, the details have changed enough in the
interim that you are unlikely to get much help unless you update to a
more recent version - preferably, to a copy which you compile yourself
from the latest development source code.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.