[MEncoder-users] Mencoder on Opteron

Adam Hammer adam.hammer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:42:30 CEST 2008

I have installed Ubuntu 7.10 on a server (Amazon EC2) that has an Opteron
dual core processor (when I do "mencoder" I get CPU: Dual-Core AMD
Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 HE (Family: 15, Model: 65, Stepping: 3)).  I am
trying to convert some .mpg files into .flv files, but when I do the audio
is completely filled with static.  When I convert the same video on my home
machine that is a Pentium 4, the audio is fine.  I have the w32codecs
installed on both machines.

My quesiton is: since I have a 64-bit architecture installed, do I have to
go with the w64codecs?  Or is there another change due to the 64-bit install
that I should be making?