[MEncoder-users] pvr, cache and mencoder

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Tue Jan 22 15:51:08 CET 2008

Has the -cache option any meaningful effect on pvr:// capture process
when using MEncoder? I own a Hauppauge PVR-150 and used to observe
occasional jittering, but it seems me that using -cache 8192 made the
encoding become completely fluent. Concerning MPlayer, direct playback
from pvr:// did behave the same fashion (and was likewise cured by
caching), but here I know that -cache might sometimes be a useful
option.

Is there any justification to use -cache with MEncoder?

Levente