[MEncoder-users] vbitrate

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:26:29 CET 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:00:02 +0100
karl-heinz-1950 at web.de wrote:

> is there some kind of conversion table/formula to find out the lowest
> bit rate which gives the same quality?

No.  That would be highly subjective, and highly variable, based on
numerous encoding options that can be chosen.  It's a pretty safe bet,
however, that older (and lower-numbered) codecs generally require
somewhat higher bitrates.

> Shall I keep the original resoultion and let my TV scale the video?

Not if you want any DVD player to accept it.

It would be helpful if you used a mailer that maintained threading when
replying on this list.