[MEncoder-users] play .ogm / .ogg file

ashish bhujbal ashish_comp_pune at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 4 10:55:05 CET 2008

Thanks for your reply.

The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote: ashish bhujbal wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I am beginner in mplayer/mencoder.
> I have used tool istanbul to record desktop. by default it aves it in
> .ogm / .ogg file.
> Then I tried many payers to play that file. but failed. When I usde
> mplayer, it gave following output.

> MPlayer 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu9 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

This is an outdated version of MPlayer; the latest released version is
1.0rc2, and older versions are not supported. (In fact, 1.0rc2 is now
old enough that it may not be supported either; to get support, you may
need to run the latest development version.)

Also, this is a version of MPlayer packaged (and possibly modified) by a
third party, not one you compiled yourself using the source code
provided by the MPlayer project. As such, it is not supported here.

> X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: vo_check_events
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>   gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>   DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
>   won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

I would suggest that you update to a more recent version (1.0rc2 at the
very least) and try it again; if you still have the problem, then I
would suggest following the displayed instructions, shown above.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.