[MEncoder-users] stop/restart mencoder

TAJTHY Tamás tajthy at mailbox.hu
Wed Jan 2 22:12:56 CET 2008

Dear "गिरगिट",

>If you run a windows executable from a shell script then job control can be
>applied. I have ~/bin/mplayer, which invokes /usr/local/bin/mplayer. Pressing
>ctrl-z stops the process and I use fg to restart it. The process still shows up in
>tasklist, of course, but since it is not updating the display I believe it has
>stopped.

Unfortunately it does not work under cygwin! :-( Neither mplayer, neither mencoder!

I tried

cat file.avi|mencoder...

and I sent a STOP signal to cat, and this did work! If I send this signal to
mencoder it continue running. Likewise ctrl+Z don't stop the running process. :-(
It work for vim, but it does not work for mencoder. :-(((

THX && Good byte!

TT

_____________________________________________________________A legnagyobb TORRENT kereső napi 25000 új letöltés - www.warez.hu