[MEncoder-users] Recoding RM files for iPod

Fredrik Eriksson feffese at yahoo.se
Wed Jan 2 10:08:46 CET 2008

James Hastings-Trew wrote:
> Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
>
>> Anyone knows how to cure my stupidness, or at least can help me to get
>> iTunes accept these videos?
>>

> (copy and paste from my previous reply to the same question:)
>
> iTunes won't download them to the ipod unless the "itunes" atom is set
> to the correct value. You can add the atom to the file with nicMP4Box (
> http://nic.dnsalias.com/NicMP4Box.zip )
>
> nicmp4box -add test.mp4 final.mp4

(copy and paste from my previous post:)

perhaps nicmp4box works better, but it's distributed as a windows
binary, and I don't have windows

I might add that I found the source, but it's distributed with the
entire gpac package, but without any makefiles and similar, so I don't
know how to build it. Nevertheless, since other obviously manage to
create working files without nicmp4box, I don't understand why I can't.

Regards
--
Fredrik Eriksson