[MEncoder-users] AC3 and Strange Video Playback

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Tue Jan 1 15:40:38 CET 2008

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007, Nigel Arnold wrote:

> Anyone ?

>> Exactly same problem, i can see in the mencoder output, it is now using
>> the lavf muxer, but the resulting file is the same in terms of playback
>> issues.

Can't help you, but I've experienced similar problems with all of the lavc
audio coders and rc2.  I posted a message about it some considerable time
ago which failed to elicit a single response...

I'm starting to wonder if it's a glibc bug (2.4, which had other problems
anyway).  I'll be upgrading sometime soon, provided I can work up the
courage to do so (something about replacing the one library that
EVERYTHING depends on scares the piss out of me every time), and I'll post
if it fixes the problems.