[MEncoder-users] Newbie struggling with pullup

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Fri Feb 29 20:43:00 CET 2008

On 2/29/08 11:07 AM, "Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux)"
<microchip at telenet.be> wrote:

> Alternatively you can use
>
> -vf framestep=2,filmdint=fast=0,softskip,harddup -fps 60000/1001 -ofps
> 24000/1001
>
> this gives the best results on your sample here

When this reply arrived, I was in the middle of composing a reply explaining
that I wanted to try to continue to refine my decimate arguments because
decimate had given me better results than any other combinations I had
tried, including the one you had just sent.

These results appear to completely eliminate the duplicate frame problem. In
a few places it appears that a very few desired frames were eliminated along
with undesired ones, but overall I agree that the results are the best so
far. I'll let you know if I find anything better. Thanks!

--
Laine