[MEncoder-users] Newbie struggling with pullup

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Feb 28 05:15:10 CET 2008

On 2/27/08 8:04 PM, "Rich Felker" <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> No, 1280x720 @ 60 fps is progressive content with duplicated frames,
> rather than (field-based) telecine. You can either use the decimate
> filter with the right settings (and the right -ofps) to remove the
> duplicate frames, or use the tinterlace=4 filter prior to pullup to
> convert to normal telecine which pullup can handle. The latter
> approach is probably better.

Thanks. I had already stumbled onto that tinterlace=4 before pullup but am
still trying to refine it. Actually, the following filter chain resulted in
the fewest reports of skipped or duplicated frames.

tinterlace=2,pullup=8:8:8:8:-1:1,softskip,hqdn3d=2:1:2,pp=fd,scale=720:480,h
arddup

But in 30000/1001 output, I always see a pattern of 5 frames with the 4th
and 5th being similar (duplicate). Would decimate have a better chance of
giving me output with only unique frames?

--
Laine Lee