[MEncoder-users] Animated GIF to FLV image quality

Matthew Richer matthew.richer at conceptshare.com
Wed Aug 13 20:47:37 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I'm attempting to convert an animated GIF into FLV
and retain the original quality.  It encodes fine but the picture quality is
slightly different (color values changed and a little blurriness).  Is there
any switches I can use to ensure that the resulting video has the same
quality as the original animated GIF?

Here is the command line I'm using:

Mencoder Animated.gif -nosound -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=flv:vbitrate=1500 -vf softskip,harddup -o Animated.flv

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank-you.

Matt