[MEncoder-users] Continuous stream encoding

Gawen ARAB gawen at gawgle.net
Tue Aug 12 09:45:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

Firstly sorry for my poor english :)

I'm a new user of mencoder and I'm fascinated by all options he provides.

I would know if it was possible to encode, or more precisly trancode a
continuous video or audio stream without many latency. For example to
transcode a video stream coming from a HD camera and broadcast the fresh
encoded result over the web. And if it is, how ?

In my case, I would want to encode a HDTV channel to a VP6 stream, and maybe
an H.264 other.

Cheers,

--
Gawen ARAB,