[MEncoder-users] 2 pass encoding failed witg VP6 codec

guillaume montard guillaume.montard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:31:46 CEST 2008

Hi,
I m trying to encode a .mov video to flv using the great VP6 codec.
I m able to encode it in 1-pass, but i would like to make a 2-pass.

I googled for like day and i m still stuck....

Here is my code line :

mencoder testmencoder.mov -o test.flv -ovc vfw -xvfwopts
codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=1passvodeclic.mcf -nosound -vf yadif,scale,flip
-of lavf

mencoder testmencoder.mov -o test.flv  -ovc vfw -xvfwopts
codec=vp6vfw.dll:compdata=2passvodeclic.mcf -nosound -vf yadif,scale,flip
-of lavf

My problem is that mencoder fail doing the 2 pass. Mencoder simply stop
doing nothing :

VDec: vo config request - 1024 x 768 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Opening video filter: [flip]
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
[swscaler @ 0x6622f0]SwScaler: using unscaled yuv420p -> bgr24 special
converter
Opening video filter: [expand]
Expand: -1 x -1, -1 ; -1, osd: 0, aspect: 0.000000, round: 1
Starting compression:
 Input format:
  biSize 40
  biWidth 1024