[MEncoder-users] FLV Playback Issue

A. Schmid sahib at phreaker.net
Wed Apr 30 01:47:37 CEST 2008

dragon at gamerstube.com wrote:
> I have users uploading WMV3 encoded files to my video hosting site.
> However the playback is terrible for users trying to watch the videos.

Please define "terrible".

For me, the video plays jerky with Agriaya, but after download it plays
fine with mplayer. Seems like Flash is just too slow for 1280x720...

The blocky image could be due to the encoder used when capturing the
video. Also, this could be caused somewhere in the transcoding process
WMV3 -> FLV. Is the uploaded WMV3 looking significantly better?

Regards,
Alex