[MEncoder-users] Issue with executing MEncoder from ASP script

JRaSH jrash06 at 163.com
Fri Apr 25 01:47:34 CEST 2008

Christopher Elkins wrote:
> The issue is almost certainly not with the command we are using to
> execute MEncoder since this works perfectly well when executed in a
> command prompt.
>

> What typically happens once its written a small part of the output
> from the encoder is that the process appears to hang - remaining on
> view with Task Manager - but the CPU time remains static and its
> memory allocation has no movement.
>

> Set oShell = Server.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
> Set oExec = oShell.Exec(strMencoderCommand)

Now that the MEncoder window doesn't show when the command is executed
by WScript.Shell, it is recommend to bring the window to foreground and
see what happens there. Try replacing strMencoderCommand with the
following line:

cmd /c start /wait cmd /s /c "strMencoderCommand"

Note that strMencoderCommand is double-quoted. Type cmd/? for the usage
of cmd /c.