[MEncoder-users] I'm not sure about this is a bug?

Zimmermann, Daniel Daniel.Zimmermann at mcc-med.de
Thu Apr 3 17:10:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm an employee of a German Software Development Company. I have some questions about how to exit mencoders encoding process:

We send 1 CTRL+C to the invisible mencoder to say: "finish your encoding". Is it possible that Mencoder need sometimes more than 4 seconds to write the index in the avi file? Maybe when the file is very large? Because we send after 1sec. CTRL+C again and this up to 10 times if Mencoders generated file is not readable yet. After many tests and weeks of analysis I think, that when you send more than 1 CTRL+C for example 3 or 4 times than Mencoder is terminating without writing index. So my Question is:

Is it possible, that Mencoder is terminating WITHOUT writing his Index because more than 1 CTRL+C Keystroke is quickly sent?

I hope for an answer...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Daniel Zimmermann

MCC GmbH & Co.KG