[MEncoder-users] Audio LAVC Error; Red Hat

JGiotta at mediageneral.com JGiotta at mediageneral.com
Wed Apr 2 15:07:31 CEST 2008

> libmp3lame.so is part of the lame, so you should have it compiled by
> now. It is, by default, located in /usr/local/lib (check it).

It is there.

> Find Checking libmp3lame in your configure.log file. If there is line
> like this:

>/tmp/mplayer-conf-8683-15978: error while loading shared libraries: ...

No error in the configure output

> check where you have libmp3lame.so (by default: /usr/local/lib).
> then check your /etc/ld.so.conf file (or files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
> directory) if there is /usr/local/lib included. Include it if not.

Added the following line to /etc/ld.so.conf:
include /usr/local/lib

> run ldconfig as a root, this should fix the problem.

Done

However, I still get the same message from MPlayer ./configure.

This is my collective install procedure based on what I know and replies
from this mailing list. All run as root.

Lame:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

MPlayer:
./configure --with-extralibdir=/usr/local/lib
--with-extraincdir=/usr/local/include
make
make install

Results:
MPlayer configure still says "Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ...
no".