[MEncoder-users] Audio LAVC Error; Red Hat

Jiří Heryán technik at domotech.cz
Wed Apr 2 15:17:39 CEST 2008

Hi.
On Út, 2008-04-01 at 14:31 -0400, JGiotta at mediageneral.com wrote:
> >Checking for libmp3lame (for mencoder) ... no
> Should I make libmp3lame or does get installed with just making lame
> alone?

libmp3lame.so is part of the lame, so you should have it compiled by
now. It is, by default, located in /usr/local/lib (check it).

Find Checking libmp3lame in your configure.log file. If there is line
like this:

/tmp/mplayer-conf-8683-15978: error while loading shared libraries: ...

check where you have libmp3lame.so (by default: /usr/local/lib).
then check your /etc/ld.so.conf file (or files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
directory) if there is /usr/local/lib included. Include it if not.

run ldconfig as a root, this should fix the problem.

JH