[MEncoder-users] Mencoder soft telecine broken; fix included

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Sep 28 07:01:10 CEST 2007

All mpeg2 soft telecine appears to be broken due to a bitmask bug
introduced in February (commit 23348), when a code move mutated a 0x10
into a 0x20 causing sequence extensions to never be processed.

A second bug is a mismask at muxer_mpeg.c:1614. The mask should be
0x7d not 0xfd as bff_mask sets/clears bits 7 and 1, not just bit 1.
The dgpullup code (that this is taken from) also uses 0x7d.

svn diff attached.  Fix tested working here with film->NTSC and
PAL->NTSC direct soft telecine.  Please let me know if this fix is
somehow incorrect-- I'm using it to burn a whole bunch of DVDs right
now :-)

Monty