[MEncoder-users] Five inverse telecine filters to choose from -- four broken, one a little crazy

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Sep 26 22:03:15 CEST 2007

As a followup, things are not as broken as I thought; I had failed to
notice the little frame counter at the top was listing NTSC frames.
Which means a) the telecine happened well before the re-reip to avi
and b) the inverse telecine filters are justified in some of their
confusion as none of the frames are strictly dupes, becuase on the
dupe frames, the NTSC frame counter increments!  Argh.

That said, all of the filters are still dealing rather badly once the
code is modified to ignore the part of each filed with the counter in
it.  However, the badness is is 'crappy reencode with lots of
artifacts shifting between dupe frames', not 'the filters are just
broken.'

Monty